Well, not that kind of pod person. A Chia Pod person. You know, one that likes these cute little things:
Vegan and 100% natural, Chia Pods provide a nutritious snack or breakfast option. And they’re portable–just toss one into your lunch box; its compact packaging even contains a spoon! (The lid, cup, and spoon are all recyclable and are made from 30% recycled content.)
Now, if you’ve never tried Chia Pods or chia seeds and you’re sensitive to textures, I will caution you: chia seeds develop a gelatinous coating once they’re exposed to liquid. They have a tapioca pudding-like texture. And if you aren’t used to it, it can be a little weird.
That being said, there are plenty of reasons to love chia seeds in general, here are a few:
- high fiber
- contains 18% of your daily recommended calcium
- good source for protein
- may help increase “good” cholesterol while lowering “bad” cholesterol
- may lower blood sugar for diabetics
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- the gel coating that develops increases the size and weight of the seeds, helping you feel full
So, where do you find Chia Pods? Locally, here in Abingdon, Virginia, you can find them at Whole Health Center. If you’re not in Abingdon, Virginia, some grocery stores such as Earth Fare, Whole Foods, and Fresh Market carry them.
Have you tried Chia Pods? If so, what do you think?